Sunday, October 21, 2012

Being optimistic

Now that vacation is over I'm totally on board with posting a picture from my every day life and a happy/spiritual/uplifting thought/quote/story every day. I really think this will be helpful as I go into the holiday season at work. It's hard to remember the good things when you're working so many hours and life is so busy.

Today I came across this article here and I really loved it. I especially love the last paragraph that says:

"Change is the Lord’s way. He wants us to be happy and growing, to be excited to move on with our lives. Life is a journey, and while still enjoying the present and preparing for inevitable challenges, we must move forward, remaining optimistic, our hearts open to the experiences and good things that are undoubtedly on their way." 

I totally am the type of person who always is wanting the next stage in life to happen. In high school all I wanted was to be in college, in college I wanted to be done working full time, in being married I just want to be a mom, so on and so forth. I really need to stop and enjoy where I'm presently at. Devon is the same way, and so I think we both consciously are trying to do all we can while we're at our present state in life before we have kids. After all, we'll only be young and just the two of us once. I also tend to get bogged down with the challenges I presently face without seeing the hope for the future. I need to remember any trial I'm going through is just preparing me for something great in the future.

The reason I decided to post a picture every day for this blog is to appreciate the little things in my life.  So my pic for today is of a puzzle I've been working on. I swear I'm never ever going to finish it (so much for remaining optimistic about the future from the quote above ha ha).

0 comments:

Post a Comment