Saturday, October 6, 2012

The List!

So I've come to the realization lately that I'm no longer 19 (actually I'm 28). I'm no longer a teenager, young woman, or girl. I don't really feel like I'm a grown-up. I sometimes feel like I haven't done that much with my life and I feel like I'm missing out a lot and I'm not content with where I am at. Sure I have done a lot of amazing things in the past 28 years. I married my best friend, moved someplace I never thought I'd live (yay South Carolina!) and I graduated from college with two bachelor degrees. That being said, I still feel the need to accomplish so much more in my 20's so I am going to do the cliche bucket list of 30 things before I turn 30. Here's my 30 bucket list (deadline of June 8, 2014):

1.) Lose weight the healthy way and be 130 pounds.
2.) Run a 5k
3.) Have a baby (*fingers crossed*)
4.) Visit 2 more Major League Baseball stadiums
5.) Go to a Wisconsin Badgers football game with Devon (jump around!)
6.) Go to another NFL game
7.) Complete my Young Womens Personal Progress stuff (hey I never got to go as a youth, better late than never)
8.) Post something in here every day that is spiritually uplifting or makes me happy
9.) Read the entire standard works (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants)
10.) Sew a quilt
11.) Scrapbook our honeymoon and first year of marriage pictures
12.) Learn to play my ukelele
13.) Visit 3 new temples
14.) Read 30 books
15.) Sew a dress for myself
16.) Have half of a down payment for a house saved.
17.) Take a picture every day from my daily life and post it on this blog.
18.) Try 100 new dinner recipes
19.) Learn yoga
20.) Start my family's genealogy for my dad's side
21.) Play tennis regularly again
22.) Beat Devon in Racko (seriously it's been years since I've beat him at that stupid game)
23.) Successfully make a pie crust (In all my years of cooking classes pie crust still is something I cannot make at all)
24.) Learn how to ride a horse
25.) Feed a giraffe at the zoo
26.) Take Zumba or dance classes again
27.) Watch all of the Star Wars movies (I've never seen any of them)
28.) Go on vacation to someplace I've never been before
29.) Go camping for real (We used to camp in an air conditioned camper, I'm talking in a tent type of camping)
30.) Learn how to golf


and an alternate one that Devon insists is on my list, Go to a NASCAR race and the NASCAR hall of Fame. So just in case I change my mind on one, or something happens where one becomes impossible I have that one to fall back on.


I have 22 months to complete all of these things. I know with a little hard work I can do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment