Sunday, October 21, 2012

Recipe #2, #3, and #4

Last week I actually tried 3 new dinner recipes (I'm starting to think trying 100 new ones will be easy thanks to Pinterest). The first two I tried Friday night. I was craving pasta so I made a pasta dish and a easy bread dish to go with it. I forgot to take a picture of the meal so I'll post the pinterest pictures so you get an idea of what it looked like. The pasta recipe was good, but I definitely would not put as much garlic in next time. I'm a HUGE garlic lover and usually go overboard with it when cooking, but even this was way too much for me. Also on the bread I only used one large can of biscuits and they all fit. They were still a little doughy in the middle though so next time I'm going to only use 6 of the 8 to see if they will cook a tad more in the middle.

Creamy Garlic Pasta (recipe and pic found here)


2 tsp olive oil

4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
¼  tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
½ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil. 
Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Serve immediately.



Parmesan Pull-aparts (recipe and picture found here)


  • 2 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated Homestyle Biscuits (I used Butter Lovin!)
  • 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried Minced Onion
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/3 cup shredded Mozzerella Cheese
Directions:   Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, garlic powder, dried parsley, minced onion and parmesan cheese. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the butter mixture.

Remove biscuits from cans. Place biscuits close together over the top of the cheese and butter mixture.

Bake biscuits in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let stand for 3 minutes. Turn biscuits upside down onto a serving plate. Serve warm!


Then tonight for dinner I really wanted to try a pot roast in the crock-pot. I went to my favorite cooking site Taste of Home for this. It turned out AMAZING! We actually did not have any dijon mustard even though I swore I had some and since it was Sunday and we don't shop on Sundays unless we're on vacation or family is visiting us that meant we were out of luck. I didn't have any ingredients on hand to even make the suggested subs for dijon mustard so I just completely eliminated it. I still want to try it with the mustard though. 

Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast (recipe found here)


Ingredients

  • 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
  • 1 cup fresh baby carrots
  • 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1-1/2 cups beef broth

Directions

  • Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
  • Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.



Sorry that the font gets all wacky on this post. I copy and pasted all the recipes from different sites and it made the font for each all different. I tried fixing it but I think it has something to do with HTML which is really beyond my computer capabilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment